Wednesday 11 August 2004

gently closing grip

I recently received a letter telling me that one of my domain names was about to expire together with a renewal form. Strange, since I always renew domains over the internet. It was, alas, another hopeless scam from a company hoping to lure me innocently away from my current webspace provider. I silently discarded the letter into an empty rotweiller, and tried to get on with my timeslot.
Alas, patterns are formed, and noting the hundreds of junk emails I receive every week I realize that the days of open communication over the internet are slowly coming to an end. The gently closing grip of tricksters, scumbags and fools means that soon no-one will post their email addresses on site and that we all slowly retreat into our caves of quiet seclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.